Millivolt thermostat for Harmon P38

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

silverfox103

Feeling the Heat
Oct 4, 2011
Littleton, NH
I have a P68 and a P38 Harmon stoves to heat my 2300 sq. ft., "L" shaped ranch. I connected the P68 to a remote setback thermostat. That works great. The same thermostat would not work on the P38. You would get roasted in no time. I have searched the forum and it looks like I need a millivolt gas thermostat. Anyone have any suggestions? I have 2 box stores in my town, so I am hoping they have the answer.

thanks

Tom C.

Help!!!

silverfox103 said:

lol.... re[pied to you from my email addy tom. i did purchase my stat from the dealer i bought my stove from, but i would imagine you can find it at home creapo, or lowes...probly cheaper as well!

mike

I ended up using the Robertshaw 9204H, basic mechanical thermostat, 250 to 750 millivolts. Digitals do not work, I tried both Honeywell and Lux's. It works great, keeps the temperature relatively even. I am sure the mechanical Hunter's at Lowes would work also.

Tom C.

Doesn't the P38 have a thermistor? There is a great setup on here using a thermostat and a resistor to set back the stove. I was able to use a 7 day programmable thermostat I bought from Lowes for $42. I do have a P68 though. This gave me great flexabilty to prgram my setbback times each day.

So when the P38 calls for heat does it go to turbo mode??

gfreek said:
So when the P38 calls for heat does it go to turbo mode??

Yes it does, it gets the rooms toasty in no time. Then after the thermostat is satisfied, it drops down to where it is set on the dial.

Tom C.

Status
Not open for further replies.