Millivolt Thermostats; Best Type?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Frugal

Nov 12, 2010
My Enviro Ascot stove is in place and happily cranking out the BTU's. Unfortunately, it's now too bloody hot in the room! Go figure!
I want to install a thermostat so I don't have to keep manually turning the stove on and off.
I really don't need/want something fancy with a remote; just a reliable, well-built (is that still possible these days?) one.
Any suggestions on a brand?
Is this one any good? Woodsman thermostat

It'll work. If you don't need a programmable unit there are less expensive models out there.
Go to a local heating company or hardware store & see what they offer.

Thanks! It never occured to me to look at hardware stores...I just realised that many thermostats are millivolt compatible. Home Disappointment in my area didn't have any, but Canadian Tire did. I'll be heading there tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.