Mini Wood Stoves

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Pghbjr

Sep 11, 2019
Pittsburgh
Hi. 6” liner guy won’t go down my chimney guy again. Since I’m using the stove as supplemental heat, has anyone used one of these mini stoves, like a Grizzly or Kimberly? They only require a 3” insulated liner. I know they require far less vertical flue than regular stoves. Would 35’ of 3” be too much for these little guys?
28deed072a6d9c3ba3d9c49564053c43.jpgb7f19b05646128af6c83d68f6fe96d64.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I would bet you will have trouble controlling it at that height.

You're also going to be less than pleased at how a <1cf stove that takes 6" sticks heats a house. If you want heat, break that liner out and spend your $1000 on a full sized heater.

I'm also going to have to question how thick the sheet metal is on a 39 pound stove... that's a safety hazard all by itself.

Reactions: bholler