Missed me by <<that>> much

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

billb3

Minister of Fire
Dec 14, 2007
SE Mass
So the dog barks and I get up to go outside to see why.
Thunder in the distance.
In fact, one real loud one close by and tail between the legs, she scoots into the house.
Coward !

Black ugly boiling clouds and then some really fierce winds.

Wow wee wow these are like hurricane winds.

Clouds are really boiling, really cool to watch and all of a sudden the trees are dancing like they are a part of a Cirque du Soleil act and just as I think that maybe I really shouldn't be outside:
Crack, crash there's about 3/4 cord of red oak on the ground right beside me.

Dogs are smart.

:)

billb3 said:
Thunder in the distance.
In fact, one real loud one close by and tail between the legs, she scoots into the house.
Coward !

Clouds are really boiling, really cool to watch and all of a sudden the trees are dancing like they are a part of a Cirque du Soleil act and just as I think that maybe I really shouldn't be outside:

Dogs are smart.

I assume that happened yesterday, huh Bill? I'm up north of Worcester and we had some ominous stuff going on around dinnertime last night. High winds rocking the large trees around our house and dark gray clouds swirling pretty fast.

Scary stuff. Glad you [or your home] didn't get nailed.

Look on the bright side, though: You've got some free firewood.

Lots of thick branches down here too, Im going to cut up a good size maple branch after dinner tonight.

That's too close! I had a similar experience this winter, but with heavy snow. I was out shoveling with about 35" of snow on the ground, hearing cracks and booms every couple of minutes. I heard a loud crack overhead and the whole top of a Madrone tree fell beside me.

billb3 said:
Thunder in the distance.
Coward !

Dogs are smart.

Mine would do the same! :coolgrin:

Glad you didn't get whacked. :bug:

Did she give you that, "told ya, fool" look when you came scootin' in with your tail between your legs?

Glad you're around to laugh about it now . . .

billb3 said:
So the answer to your "Send me more wood" prayer wasn't exactly what you had envisioned. :lol:

i was out cutting and hurried home and by the time i got home home it dropped from 90 deegress to bout 60 in bout an hour. i had never seen clouds so dark at 430 in the afternoon. it looked like about 8 at night. it was an erie looking storm.

Strange weather patterns this year...even the foreign newspapers are headlining it.

Glad no property damage and nobody was hurt! Looks like the saw and you have a new project this weekend. :)

Glad you are okay Bill and congratulations on the new firewood.

Stegman said:
billb3 said:
Thunder in the distance.
Coward !

Dogs are smart.

I assume that happened yesterday, huh Bill? I'm up north of Worcester and we had some ominous stuff going on around dinnertime last night. High winds rocking the large trees around our house and dark gray clouds swirling pretty fast.

Scary stuff. Glad you [or your home] didn't get nailed.

Look on the bright side, though: You've got some free firewood.

Yes, suppertime.
It really was some ugly/fascinating clouds.
Lots of trees down/damaged in Providence from the same cell(s).

Got the half of the tree that fell cut up and grounds cleaned up Sunday.
Some day when the rain stops I'll have to cut the lawn here, so it needed to be cleaned up.
At least it wasn't raining too hard or often in the afternoon while I was working on it.
Rather splintered. Really got shook to heck before it snapped off the trunk.
Splintered oak isn't my favorite to be cutting, although it saves a bit of splitting. :)
About 25 feet of trunk still standing- full of ants. (like a lot of the red oaks here)
Probably not even 3/4 cord all told given that it's hollow.
At least it was a nice cool 57 degree Summer day. Not a fan of cutting / splitting in the heat of the Summer.

A month or more of heat for me in 2 or 3 years.
Take it when it comes.

I'm not a fan of that either Bill. I can go out in the winter wearing a coat then as soon as I cut just a little can remove the coat and it is great working weather. I'm okay in the heat until the humidity gets too high and the dew point really high; then I spend more time indoors.

Status
Not open for further replies.