Monarch iron range style 24py

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

cookn

Jul 5, 2011
Oregon Coast
I am looking for any information on this range. It is old , rusty and when I fired it up outside it leaks smoke around the cast iron top. I would like to put it in my workshop for winter heat. I have searched the internet but nothing found but a picture. I thought someone here woulkd know something.
Thanks

I know that it is worth four to six cents a pound in scrap weight and is in no way safe to heat your shop.

Nobody here dissing ya, just don't won't you burning the joint down.

I agree. You can pick up some cheap stoves that will do much better on heating the shop and will be a whole lot safer.

I heated a small cabin with a wood cook stove, it is a fair amount of work. The stove was slow to warm up and needed frequent feeding until up to temp. Often I had to rely on a backup gas space heater. As others have noted, there are better and safer alternatives.

Status
Not open for further replies.