Moose hunt vs River flooding

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bogydave

Minister of Fire
Dec 4, 2009
So Cent ALASKA
The boat launch I launch at is flooded. (Susitna Landing.)
http://susitnalanding.com/

Willow creek area is flooded & several homes evacuated.
http://www.ktuu.com/videogallery/72...rough-Suggests-Evacuations-Along-Willow-Creek

Little Susitna river is flooding.
Seward area severe flooding.

Possible that our moose camp is flooded.
Talked to the boat launch, they are scrambling to get stuff secured as the water is in the parking lot & the road in is flooded & barley drivable & water is still rising.
May be a "wash out" for moose hunting this year.

Hope the stuff we have at moose camp is still there. hate to loose the newly installed "crapper" :)

Still raining but the wind has let up quit a bit.
Strange year.

We've been reading about the flooding up there Dave. Not only the flooding but also the high winds. Hope is doesn't stop all the moose hunting.

May have stranded a bunch of hunters in the field now.
Not good flying weather either.
I know my area, if I can get there, if I was able to see a moose, he'd be standing in knee deep water <>

Sounds like you may have to fish for your moose this year!

Good luck, Hope your cabin and new crapper are treated kindly by Mother Nature.

Thanks.
No cabin, left my tent there when the torrential rains started, loaded up the stuff that we had to take.
This AM, strange light in the sky :) Maybe we'll see if the water level is down enough to launch. More rain on the way.
Would like to get out there & at least bring my tent & some other stuff back.

Went out on the deck this AM, ice on the deck but sun coming up. what a change after 2 weeks of rain.
Standing waterout back, ground is saturated. Haven't looked at the mts. yet, may have more snow :eek:
Glad I put the birch in the wood shed :)
100_8001.JPG
100_8002.JPG

Reactions: Eatonpcat
Talked to the boat launch. Not only is it closed, but now the road to it, is flooded & not drivable.
Whole trees floating by with the root balls.
His house & office are surrounded by water.
His fire wood just floated away this morning. Water still coming up.
More rain forecast for tonight.
Looks like moose hunting this year may be a wash out.
Will try to get out when the water goes down & retrieve camp.

Sounds really nasty Dave. Well, at least you still have green grass.

Sounds really nasty Dave. Well, at least you still have green grass.
Yea
Needs mowed too.
This time of the year is pretty busy, but can't do anything about Mother Nature.
Role with it & move ahead. Got the onions in, maybe the potatoes next. Lots to do.

I'll start calling from my yard, may get a moose to come visit :)

Status
Not open for further replies.