More CL

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

homebrewz

Minister of Fire
Nov 29, 2005
East Central, NY
Well, these folks are kind of insistent. Serious inquires only.. yes, I might seriously inquire as to why someone who is licensed and insured would drop their problem trees for free.

http://albany.craigslist.org/zip/2525324928.html

"We have several trees that we want to get out of our back yard. If you are licensed and insured and looking for free wood, we have the yard for you.
We are looking for insured licensed people only. You chop and haul at your own expense. You get the wood you need. Pictures are attached. Serious inquiries only."

Attachments

• Picture 1.png
    Picture 1.png
    219.5 KB · Views: 417
Free wood, is better than wood you have to PAY for!

The "Licensed" part is a bit of overkill, but I suspect they want only those who "know what they are doing" doing the job.

"Insured" is a good thing.........liability is a bear!!

-Soupy1957

Perfect,I've got my drivers license and and double insurance. One policy on my truck and one policy on my wifes car. I just may make the trip upstate!!!!!!!

homebrewz said:
yes, I might seriously inquire as to why someone who is licensed and insured would drop their problem trees for free.

There is probably 10 grand in veneer quality logs and another 5 grand in premium firewood there :lol:

The hardest part of looking at those pictures was standing my monitor sideways. Once is not bad but I had to tip it both ways..... No, not interested in his valuable trees.

Lets see, I have: some free garbage that you can have, you can come and mow my lawn and have all of the clippings for free, you can clean my gutters and have the leaves for compost, pump out my septic system for fertilizer, you could put a new roof on my house and keep all of the old shingles and the list could go on and on............

I have free rocks. All you have to do is sort them out from my soil, replace the soil, plant a vegetable garden (I like brussel sprouts, spinach, and tomatoes), and clean up your mess. I have literally tons of rock - imagine the things you could build! Driveways, walls, pyramids. It is all limestone - great for sweetening acid soils. Serious inquiries only.

Wood Duck said:
I have free rocks. All you have to do is sort them out from my soil, replace the soil, plant a vegetable garden (I like brussel sprouts, spinach, and tomatoes), and clean up your mess. I have literally tons of rock - imagine the things you could build! Driveways, walls, pyramids. It is all limestone - great for sweetening acid soils. Serious inquiries only.

You should be charging for that!

Yeah, sorry about the pics! I took a screenshot of the pics in the ad and re-posted them here.

I once saw a free CL ad mocking the free firewood posts. Maybe it was posted here? It read something like "free oil: located in my car.. must drain yourself, also must be licensed mechanic.. change the filter too.. etc etc"

Wood Duck said:

I have an Aunt from St. Louis that came to my place last year and asked if I could bring her a few rocks for her landscaping. I agreed and showed up with a trailer with 5 good sized rocks on it. We weren't there 5 minutes and the neighbors were out admiring the rocks.

Based on what I saw, I'd say a "harverst your own rock farm" could be a successful business. Although I doubt anyone would brussel sprouts for you (vile disgusting plant anyways).

blujacket said:
I am seeing a lot of these type ads here in the Dayton metro area. Unbelievable

There are more than ever of those ads here in Maine.

When I am bored I email them that if I can just borrow there saw -- I am pretty sure there homeowners will cover me.

Status
Not open for further replies.