More counties in Ohio quarantined

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Whats the deal with the quarantine? You can move wood around in it but not across the imaginary line?

It won't matter if you move wood or not. In Michigan we tried all those things and they failed. Ultimately it will spread on it's own and people won't listen to the quarantine anyway.

Hi -

Yes that's the idea. In my area I'm not aware of any Ash trees that are not infested and dead or nearly so. If you're anywhere in or next to one of these zone's I'd cut any saw logs now and get them to the mill. The Ash (White and Black) around here is pretty sturdy even when dead a year or 2 so no rush for firewood cutting. I burned 80-90% Ash last several years due to EAB.

Mike

Won't be long before all of Ohio is infested. In fact I found evidence of infestation at my park that I work at 2 weeks ago. I long suspected it in the park but didn't find direct evidence till this month.

Status
Not open for further replies.