More Craigslist Gems!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mayhem

Minister of Fire
May 8, 2007
Saugerties, NY
http://westernmass.craigslist.org/zip/1970691965.html

Wouldn't want to take this job on!

When will these people figure out that anyone licensed and insured for this kind of work ALREADY HAS ACCESS TO ALL THE FREE FIREWOOD THEY COULD EVER WANT!! These people are paid to haul wood away, many of them take it back to the shop and let it sit for a year or more and then split it up and sell it for winter cash.

One of these days I'm going to respond to one of these ads and when I show up, showing them a copy of my car insurance.

mayhem said:
http://westernmass.craigslist.org/zip/1970691965.html

Wouldn't want to take this job on!

When will these people figure out that anyone licensed and insured for this kind of work ALREADY HAS ACCESS TO ALL THE FREE FIREWOOD THEY COULD EVER WANT!! These people are paid to haul wood away, many of them take it back to the shop and let it sit for a year or more and then split it up and sell it for winter cash.

LOL, we paid big bucks, $1000, to have a big maple close to the house bucked up and left in our yard. Most of it still isn't even split cause we have no splitter and some of the rounds are enormous. THat was an excellent tree company that normally gives/sells the wood they take down to the local lumbermill that sells firewood, so they actually were pretty pissed with the deal they made with us and all the work it took to buck it and take it into the back corner of the yard. Owner of the company said it was the cheapest they had worked all year.

I just think it's funny that people think the wood is worth more than the labor like that. If I had gotten $1000 worth of split firewood from the lumber co that sells it, it would be a lot more wood than what we've got back there from that tree. But we knew that we wanted the tree (near our house and electrical lines and neighbors garage) taken down by PROS who knew what they were doing and were insured. And we knew we needed to pay for that. Keeping the wood was a little bit of gravy, but thinking that a skilled pro with the machinery should pay ME to take down my tree just for the wood is ridiculous!!

This person wants to work out a deal with someone who is not only insured but needs to have a bucket truck because of the power lines across the street. Seems like anyone with insurance and a bucket truck is not going to be interested in making any deals except for them getting paid to cut the trees and paid the take them away.

http://maine.craigslist.org/grd/1970790394.html

Someone email this clown that they will come out with bubba his brothercousin and drop the tree. We all have health insurance so if we dun get hurt its covered ;-) Also we have a 1976 ford highboy so we can haul some of the wood out... I love these goofs... Especially with Nat gas at historic lows people are more then willing to drop risky trees for nothing ;-)

Last year, I had a very large dead red oak fall on my house. The two young guys (tree cutting business) came and cut it up into manageable pieces, but didn't want the wood; said they have more than enough. Cost me $500.

Here is the best line I seen on Craigslist in an add

• If firewood is advertised and sold as “seasoned,” it must have a moisture content of less
than 50 percent. “Unseasoned” wood will only produce two-thirds of the heat of
“seasoned” wood.

wendell said:
One of these days I'm going to respond to one of these ads and when I show up, showing them a copy of my car insurance.

:lol:

"Me and the Gecko are here to cut trees....."

Status
Not open for further replies.