Most obvious observation since OAK is now fully operational

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

checkthisout

Feeling the Heat
Dec 23, 2010
NW
The Airwash system for the glass is keeping the glass absolutely spotless.

This system sucks room air from around the glass in order to keep the glass clean.

A big brown spot of soot would form on the glass right in front of the flame and the entire glass would begin to become slightly opaque after operating for a day or so.

Now it's still spotless after 3 bags of pellets!

One other note, the hole for the OAK was there in the wall and air was passing through it, it just wasn't piped to the back of the stove.

Checkthisout said:
The Airwash system for the glass is keeping the glass absolutely spotless.

This system sucks room air from around the glass in order to keep the glass clean.

A big brown spot of soot would form on the glass right in front of the flame and the entire glass would begin to become slightly opaque after operating for a day or so.

Now it's still spotless after 3 bags of pellets!

One other note, the hole for the OAK was there in the wall and air was passing through it, it just wasn't piped to the back of the stove.

What kind of stove do you have?

bigdaddyste said:

I wondered the same thing....couldn't remember from his other posts, so i sent him a PM asking to put the make/model in his signature line.

He has an Avalon Newport.

imacman said:
bigdaddyste said:

I wondered the same thing....couldn't remember from his other posts, so i sent him a PM asking to put the make/model in his signature line.

10-4, I was wondering because I have the same problem with the glass.

bigdaddyste said:
imacman said:
bigdaddyste said:

10-4, I was wondering because I have the same problem with the glass.

I updated my post....he has an Avalon Newport.

That's correct.

It's an Avalon Newport.

Pics of stove

Attachments

• Modified 093.jpg
    Modified 093.jpg
    110.3 KB · Views: 359
  • 12.31 008.jpg
    12.31 008.jpg
    244.8 KB · Views: 349
Hello

That is good news about the airwash. Which makes me think that since I also have an OAK and get brown on the glass, that my airwash brakets could probably use an adjustment. However there is nothing in the manual on this and did not hear back from Travis Tech support. J said there is a gap in the door gasket on some stoves to let the room air in for the airwash but not on mine. Is there a gap on your Avalon Newport??

If anyone knows anything more please let me know. Thanks

Don2222 said:
Hello

That is good news about the airwash. Which makes me think that since I also have an OAK and get brown on the glass, that my airwash brakets could probably use an adjustment. However there is nothing in the manual on this and did not hear back from Travis Tech support. J said there is a gap in the door gasket on some stoves to let the room air in for the airwash but not on mine. Is there a gap on your Avalon Newport??

If anyone knows anything more please let me know. Thanks

I haven't studied the design that much. I am just going by the glass installation schematic in the owners manual.

Status
Not open for further replies.