Mount Vernon AE question

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

davedmaine

Dec 9, 2010
Maine
Hi. We recently purchased a Mount Vernon AE insert here in southern Maine. Unfortunately, water leaked into the chimney and blew the power source on the second day. We had the power unit replaced and the stove is now back in operation. Our house is approx 1,800 SQ. The unit does not seem to be 'heating' like I think it should. The house thermostat is in the same room, approximately 10 feet directly in front of the stove and the highest temp we've had on it has been 66 degrees (with the stove running on high). Our house it relatively new and well-insulated. It has been cold here recently (approx 20 degrees outside), but does this seem normal? I'm wondering if maybe the water damaged something else. The dealer hooked everything up to his laptop and said all the readings were fine, but I'm wondering if there still might be an issue?

We've also had one problem with the unit's thermostate (I don't know if it's related). In the programming mode, it does not always recongize when it gets into the new cycle. i.e. the stove is set to 75 degrees from 5 to 10 pm. At 10 pm it drops to 68, but even after 10, it will say 'set to 75 degrees until 10 pm'. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.

Thanks.
Dave

something seems wrong with your lack of heat output.

I heat a 2000 sq ft 2 story just fine.

theres been alot of complaints lately on the thermostat in program mode.

Are you running it on manual or automatic mode? Auto mode is good for the shoulder seasons but I find manual works best in the middle of winter and keeps your temp more even. I would forget the program and set it at the temp you desire for now until you get some break in time.

Status
Not open for further replies.