Mount Vernon Igniters

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

pfoster

Feb 20, 2011
Southern Ma.
I have had my stove for 3 years and have gone thru 5 igniters. I installed the new fire pot that was supposed to correct this issue. The igniter I put in with the new fire pot lasted about 3 months. I called the dealer I bought the stove from and they suggested running the stove on manual mode versus running it on program so the auto clean would not run so often and there would be less startups. The auto clean cycle runs approximatlly every 4 hours. Has anyone tried doing this and if so what were the results.

I rum mine on auto mode, but not program. Just leave temp set constant.
Ignitors last 3 yrs for me.

Mntgirl---are you installing the igniters or a Quad Tech. If you are doing the install or the tech for that matter is the washer being placed inside the igniter housing to properly space the igniter within the housing.

Status
Not open for further replies.