Mr Heater Big Buddy

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BIGISLANDHIKERS

Feeling the Heat
Sep 12, 2007
Can THis appliance be run off my 500 gal propane tank? Under FAQ I found this

"Question:
Can I hook my Big Buddy to my regulated propane source in my mobile home, or RV?

Answer:
If your propane source is regulated you can hook it to the unregulated quick coupler connection on the left hand side of the heater using our # F271802 hose and quick coupler connection."

Also in manual it says it "may be operated with (1) f271802 hose assembly connected to a regulated (11" W.C) propane source OR F271803 hose assembly with 11" regulated with acme nut"

I thought it could only be run off a 1lb or 20 lb tank.

Thanks
BIH

So, as long as the pressure is the same, the propane source doesn't matter. The threads into a 100lb and 20lb tank are the same. I don't know about a 500 gal tank.

Matt

Status
Not open for further replies.