ms362 tuning question

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

KYrob

Jan 8, 2010
KY
My 362 now has about 20 tanks ran through it and I noticed today that it wanted to bog down when cutting up a white oak. It would bog to the point of nearly stopping and I would have to pull back to get the rpm's back up. I have never adjusted the carb and was wondering if I should and how to go about doing it correctly. It has a 20" bar but I don't think it should have bogged down like it did. Thanks for any help.

Rob

clockwise=leaner
counterclockwise=richer

clockwise=leaner
counterclockwise=richer

That big ass saw (100+ ccs) just makes it even easier to hear what's happening. Love it, that vid's a keeper!

Sorry Jay, I think we have a new go to link for carb tuning!

I'm going to throw in, make sure your air filter is spotlessly clean before you re-tune.

Reactions: Thistle
"I'm going to throw in, make sure your air filter is spotlessly clean before you re-tune."

Going to have to make a better habit of this. I checked the pre filter and man was it clogged up. Actually, had a bunch of dust in the main filter. Cleaned them both and now it sounds like the ones in the videos and I didn't tune a bit. Going to have to do better.

Thanks for the replies and the reminder.

Rob

That big ass saw (100+ ccs) just makes it even easier to hear what's happening. Love it, that vid's a keeper!

Sorry Jay, I think we have a new go to link for carb tuning!

I'm going to throw in, make sure your air filter is spotlessly clean before you re-tune.

lol, darn sure know theres alot more info on the site I posted vs a 1:46 second video! Never became a "smellmerised" must have saw either. Nothing against him.

Reactions: mecreature
Status
Not open for further replies.