Mt. Vernon AE autoclean motor

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

tsmith

Minister of Fire
Sep 13, 2009
Kutztown, PA
This morning at 3 AM, the dog woke me up to go out and as I went downstairs I saw the stove was out and it was pretty cold in the house. I checked the thermo and it said check ash pan. I removed the ashpan and it had some ash but not too much. I noticed the auto clean pot floor was about three quarters open. I had a little clinker formation again stuck to the pot sides. I pushed that through and hit the reset on the thermostat and the autoclean motor ran but did not pull the floor closed or open. After a little help from me, it opened all the way then closed and it lit up again. I called home from work this morning at 8 and my wife told me it was in shutdown mode to clean and that it did work and relight. So hopefully it was just a matter of something stuck on the pot floor and not that the motor is getting weak. I had just replaced the springs and they do definatelly hold the pot floor tighter to the pot, causing the motor to probably work harder. Has anyone else had this problem?
P.S. I actually think the dog woke me upbecause he was cold, he lies on the sofa in front of the stove at night.

I think this happened to me once, maybe 2years ago. I had to help it open up to dump.

hooter04 said:
I think this happened to me once, maybe 2years ago. I had to help it open up to dump.
Was that the only time it happened to you?

Status
Not open for further replies.