Mt. Vernon AE Blower Upgrades?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Drew1024

Jan 29, 2008
Central NJ
I just purchased a leftover AE with updated control board and wall unit. My issue is that I think my blower is pretty loud. I thought these units were virtually silent. This normally happens once everything is running on the highest settings. No funky noises or anything, just the loud fan noise. I think it would be the convection blower. Has there been any updates on these?

Where did you here that they were "virtually silent"? All the stoves I've seen ( or listened to ) make a good amount of noise on high.

The blower should not be very loud even on the highest settings. You could have a bad convection blower. Get your dealer to come take a look at it. The only time I had a problem with a noisy blower was when the convection blower needed to be replaced.

Do you have the wall control with two fan selections -normal or quiet?- If not you don't have the latest wall control or mother board. The latest came out last April. That gives you a choice of more air movement with more noise or quieter with less air movement. There is also a metal plate that fits behind the ash drawer that controls the incoming air so the stove can't surge and make the wild noises.
So I would ask your dealer to get you the metal plate, the latest mother board and wall control, all under warranty. These items make the stove operate the way it was advertised too run. Also make sure that it has had the igniter update.
That stove is a good unit after doing these things and all the new ones have these items. If you let the dealer slack by it will cost you big money when the stove is out of warranty.

Status
Not open for further replies.