MT Vernon AE burnpot

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

hooter04

Feeling the Heat
Dec 5, 2010
Upstate NY
Just wondering how difficult it is to change out a burnpot on this stove. I think there's 2 bolts and a gasket that have to be removed,just not sure.

Because they are the AE models, I am sure there are linkages and springs, for the auto clean cycle. Which may make it a PITA. My 1200 is 2 bolts, gasket, linkage, and ignitor. Can take it out now in about 2-3 minutes. I have found ways to get around taking it out now. An assortment of tools (wire brushes, scrapers, bore brushes, and a 3M sandpaper pad).

Have you read the manual? Does it have any info pertaining to the burn-pot and/or auto clean mechanisms under the pot?

What is your purpose for removing it? Are you installing the upgraded pot? It's not difficult, yes just the two bolts. You need to remove the igniter and gently turn the thermocouple out of the way. Don't turn in too much, you could end up breaking it.

What is your purpose for removing it? Are you installing the upgraded pot? It's not difficult, yes just the two bolts. You need to remove the igniter and gently turn the thermocouple out of the way. Don't turn in too much, you could end up breaking it.

I had to remove mine last year. FYI bolt on right side was frozen solid. Eventually head snapped off, fortunately had enough of the stud left to work it out with pair of chanel locks, after burn pot was removed. Good Luck. Do yourself a favor after you get it removed before installing new bolts apply some anti seize to them.

Status
Not open for further replies.