MT Vernon

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jj1949

Aug 12, 2008
ND
Would someone that is running a Mt Vernon AE freestanding pellet tell me what you're running your settings at if the stove is running in manual. I wish now that the installer would've put the thermostat further away from the stove as I find it is cycling to much. Stove and thermostat are in my living area, about 20 feet apart. I have the heat output set at 2 and the flame height set at 0.5. comfort level is at 71. Ceiling fans in living area, two bedrooms and kitchen that run most of the time for ciculation. I feel like I'm missing something on the true correct operation of this stove so I look to you for help.......PLease

I have a MT Vrenon AE Freestanding like yours. The thermostat is @ 15 feet from the stove in a different room (the thermostat should not face the stove becuase it will be directly affected by the blowers). I set mine pretty High (75 degrees on medium heat, flame hight is .5). I usually set it to automatic since I used the program setting (I set it back to 68 degrees when no one is home). I live in a center hall colonial so I have to set it that high to get the temp upstairs to be @ 71 degrees. One of the best advice that I received on this forum was to put a fan on the floor in the door way facing the stove to help circulate the heat out of the room. I have a little fan (Honeywell Table Air Circulator Fan) that pushes the warm air out of the stove room. I also have a ceiling fan in the stove room set in reverse. It has only gotten down to @ 35 degrees here in Orange County NY but the house stays at @ 75 down stairs 70-71 upstairs. I hope this helps. Good Luck

Thank you Teddy for your response, your advice will be helpful for me as I am so very new to this, disabled and live in a not so well insulated home. ND winters can become very cold and drawn out and I am looking forward to not freezing this winter as I did last. Good luck to you also and happy heating.

Mine is locate behind to the side of my stove which is a corner installation. I'm running it on manual M/H. I set my comfort level on 80 to try the knock the chill off the house in the morning. Then set it back to 65. I had to calibrate my tempature. It was 3 degress off. My differential is at 2.5 Check on Iburncorn.com forum they have a quadra fire section

Status
Not open for further replies.