MTD brand 27 ton log splitter

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

N/A N/A

May 10, 2008
You guys that have the 27 ton MTD brand log splitter how do you like them? Does anybody have an idea of cycle time on these things??? Seriously looking at the craftsman 27 ton with the briggs and stratton 6.75 torque engine...(not with this whole torque deal and dont have anything to compare it to.) But the specs on it are generic they dont give a HORSEPOWER rating, pump size, cycle time exc.... Craftsman just seams to have a little better price than the other stores that sell them. I looked at the speeco's and they dont look like a bad splitter ether..I just didnt care for there log cradle design. Any help would be greatly appreciated..Thanks!

The sears is an mtd also and the spec's are the same.Had mine for 5 years now
and love it.

Status
Not open for further replies.