Multi Fuel Insert Stoves? Do they Exist?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cueman

Feb 7, 2011
RI
Does anyone make a multi fuel or cross fuel stove insert? I've seen the free standing versions that burn everything and anything, corn cobs, nut shells, pellets, wood, ect. I think it would be neat to have a insert version of one of those stoves. Seems like if they could make them to look nicer they will be the stoves of the future. Flexible fuel options will allow you to burn whatever fuel is in least demand, and save heating costs.

Quadra Fire Mt Vernanm AE is available in a insert design. But the downfall of most inserts is small hopper capacity and messy maintenence plus expensive exhaust system.

There are some multi fuel inserts on EBAY. I think they go under the name Hi Tec but if I'm not mistaken they are US STOVE's.

We sell a few that claim to be multifuel. The only one I will sell that way is the Countryside by American Energy. Because of its fuel pot stirrer, I have actually been able to burn corn, cardboard pellets, switch grass pellets, cheap home depot pellets, premium pellets all with little drama. You can buy them thru a dealer, but they were nice enough to shaft their dealer network and sell via e commerce via their website. I aint happy about that, but I cant deny that they make quite a durable product.

CRC,

There are a few out there. Enviro's M55 cast. St Croix's Ashby. AES has 3 (see link) MagnuM Countryside 3502, MagnuM Winchester Insert and Country Flame Crossfire

http://www.americanenergysystems.com/flex-fuel-fireplace-inserts.cfm

US stove has the 6041 in an insert. And the Quad Mt Vernon AE.

Keep us posted on what you decide on!

Status
Not open for further replies.