Multi Hitch

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Any way to convert the draw pin wagon to a ball mount? I personally hate the way draw pin and pintle type couplings bang around and such. I do like the increased articulation of those couplings however in off road situations.

Pineburner said:
Any way to convert the draw pin wagon to a ball mount? I personally hate the way draw pin and pintle type couplings bang around and such. I do like the increased articulation of those couplings however in off road situations.

http://www.countrymanufacturing.com/wagons.htm

Model 7300 without the dump, I didn't think so but I'll take another look.

zap

Atv hitch

There are a couple of good ones on this page. The Kolpin is also good.

could you just take a piece of flat stock with a hole big enough for the ball at one end and a hole for a pin at the other end. then you take the ball off of the hitch and bolt it back on through the flat stock. sorry if that doesn't make any sense. i'm medicated and not feeling well, lol.

Kenny, you certainly can but if one has to do that often it just makes sense to have a dual mode for hookup. Saves work and time.

I welded a short lever on the nut and can spin it off almost as fast as changing modes. The lever lets me get 'er tight and loose.
Just sharing an idea, plus, I'm cheap.

kenny chaos said:
Why can't ya remove the ball and use the same hole for the pin?

kc, I'm looking for one hitch for both wagons so I don't have to change from one to another.

zap

100_0264.jpg

^the LLigetfa hitch is pretty neat. He's got a post how he put it together somewhere in here.

EDIT Oh you're looking for a receiver...got it. Sorry.

zap,
I bought a cheap ball coupler at Harbor Frieght...similar to the one posted above. I purchased one that's 3" wide and mounted it right to the tounge of my garden cart. No more pin hitch.

I just have 3 drawbar setups carried in the back of the suv: One 2 inch for 99% of use, one homemade from 2x2 sqaure tubing with a 1-7/8 ball welded on, and one with no ball, just the flat for a farm trailer pin. Three separate drawbars for the 2 inch receiver.

the Kolpin doesn't look good to me and probably isn't road legal, although I don't think you care about that: the safety chain attachments are supposed to be on the vehicle side of the pin for the drawbar to receiver. Otherwise losing the pin loses the trailer.

kevin j said:
I just have 3 drawbar setups carried in the back of the suv: One 2 inch for 99% of use, one homemade from 2x2 sqaure tubing with a 1-7/8 ball welded on, and one with no ball, just the flat for a farm trailer pin. Three separate drawbars for the 2 inch receiver.

the Kolpin doesn't look good to me and probably isn't road legal, although I don't think you care about that: the safety chain attachments are supposed to be on the vehicle side of the pin for the drawbar to receiver. Otherwise losing the pin loses the trailer.

Kevin J, I'll stick with what I have until we find something better.

zap

Status
Not open for further replies.