Mushroom Identification

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

thewoodlands

Minister of Fire
Aug 25, 2009
In The Woods
Can anyone identify this mushroom. I found this at the base of a hill near some Basswood an Cherry trees.

zap

Attachments

• 100_0537.jpg
    100_0537.jpg
    106.4 KB · Views: 288
Sure is brightly colored. I know it's definitely not a Morel.

zapny said:
Can anyone identify this mushroom. I found this at the base of a hill near some Basswood an Cherry trees.

zap

Eat one and the coroner will tell us which one it was lol...

Ray

raybonz said:
zapny said:

zap

Ray

That would be the way to start off Monday morning!

zap

zapny said:
raybonz said:
zapny said:

zap

Ray

Ray I found this what do you think.

http://www.rogersmushrooms.com/gallery/DisplayBlock~bid~6761~source~gallerychooserresult.asp

zap

Looks similar perhaps a more mature shroom at Rogers Mushrooms or maybe it was formed on a different piece of decaying vegatative matter giving a different hue? I took some pics of very colorful fungus in VT. last summer, these were bright yellow...

Ray

Status
Not open for further replies.