Music ??? anyone Play Keyboards??

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Snowy Rivers

Minister of Fire
Feb 7, 2010
NW Oregon
I have been away from playing music for nearly 50 years.

I love the "NEW AGE" electronic music and decided to get back into playing.
Getting my little computer room/office all set up now to become my STUDIO

Working through getting everything ready for My new little toy.

Getting a new Roland Fantom G8 keyboard to fool with.

I am not really impressed by much any more, but this beast is awesome.

Got to fool with one for a couple hours last weekend that was set up in a sound room at one of the sales outlets.
I was amazed at what I could do with it.

Seems that the Fantom G8 is their Flag ship keyboard.

If anyone here has played one, I would love to chat about it.

Looking forward to churning out some really wild music on this bad boy.

Snowy

Nice axe! I'm slowly transitioning into the digital world. I've collected, repaired, and played vintage electric pianos for the last few years. (Rhodes, Wurlitzer, Hohner.) My only synth was a Korg MS2000 rack unit, but it was an analog modeler, so I could pretend I was playing a Moog. A few months ago, I sold the Rhodes and bought a Yamaha CP33. No where near as many features or voices as your beast, but a really convincing piano action, and actually portable. My next purchase is an organ module. The band I'm in right now needs more traditional sounds, but personally, I love to experiment. A synth like yours would have me up all night programming. I enjoyed the Korg, but just barely scratched the surface in terms of programming patches. You have a TON of possibilities in that machine. Have fun!

I have an ulterior motive here

I am a commerical trucker (local heavy haul now) and have spent many many many thousands of miles (actually near 2 million now) on the road in the command chair of a rig that weighs in at over 50 tons loaded.

Now this said, there are many many hours spent that can get really boring, watching the scenery go by.
Music becomes your only companion out there on the super slab and I always enjoyed stuff like C.W. McCall and his stories.

I also love the new age instrumental stuff done on the big synth's

My goal is to put together a collection that sets the mood for different situations and sort of tells a story.

I have had some of the New age cuts that I always played at different places on a route.

One special tune I always played when climbing on the front side of the Pass (any one of several) The tune started off mellow and slow and grew into grand sweeping synth washes and included a beat the escalated into the finally that was spectacular.

I knew right when to play this one too. These things kept me sane on the long treks

Any more I do local stuff and am home every day. Just a 9-5 now and sometimes just a few hours to get couple hauls done.

I don't miss the cross country stuff AT ALL.

Soooooo, maybe I can put together something that will be enjoyed and will sell.

Snowy

Status
Not open for further replies.