Musings on a convert.....

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shari

Minister of Fire
Oct 31, 2008
Wisconsin
Back in 2009 hubby thought I was 'on a lark' installing our wood stove, gathering firewood, sawing/splitting/stacking. At one point he even said: "Enough! We have enough firewood!" (Wrong, you never have enough firewood seasoning - heh heh heh!)

Forward to present: Forecast was for night time temps in the 30's. Yesterday morning, while I was doing something else, I noticed hubby was 'busy' doing something. Low and behold, "The Negative One" was stocking up our near-the-front-door wood racks. I asked him, "What/why are you doing that?" His reply, "Didn't you see the forecast? I wanna be WARM!"

Me: "So, you admit you like wood heat?"

Him: "You bet and I'm going to be ready!"

Heh heh heh. Didn't take him long to become a believer, did it?

So, I joined him in his endeavors. We went out to the woodpile and started loading up some of our 2+ yr. cut/split/stacked firewood.

Yummy... I can't wait. I admit it too: I also like being WARM! :)

Shari

Great story . . . and it's good to hear from you again Shari -- I missed being razzed about not buying the blue-black Oslo . . . Dennis has done his best to give me a hard time about splitting horizontally . . . but it's not the same. ;) :)

Thats a great story. There's something about wood heat that will warm the soul.

firefighterjake said:
Great story . . . and it's good to hear from you again Shari -- I missed being razzed about not buying the blue-black Oslo . . . Dennis has done his best to give me a hard time about splitting horizontally . . . but it's not the same. ;) :)

Aw, ya' missed me? :)

Truth be told, my computer's motherboard suffered a sudden death (no previous indications of any 'illness' either). It took me awhile to get the $$ for a new computer and then to research what computer product features I wanted.

Anyway, I'm back and prepared to harrass you at any given moment. :)

Shari

Shari said:
Anyway, I'm back and prepared to harrass you at any given moment. :)

Shari

NOW your talking. ;-)

Hey Shari, I was thinking about you a few days ago and wondering why you weren't posting. Good to have you back again. Besides, you can take the heat off me and Jake can pester you. Seems I can't teach him even how to split wood.

Glad to hear things are improvong, Shari :)

Welcome back !

Welcome back Shari and congrats on converting hubby to wood burning! Next thing you know he'll joing the forum and it's downhill from there lol..

Ray

Well, thanks everyone for the warm welcome back - it is appreciated! Being without a computer for a time is very 'strange'. I do believe I was going through withdrawal there for awhile.

Tis nice to be back amoungst friends! :)

Shari

Warm welcome back from over here too......... :)

Guess you have a whole lot of catching up to do with all the unread threads, huh?

I've been reading a few older threads but I won't jab that blue/black issue right now except to say I did read about someone getting a new replacement blue/black for their green enamel that chipped. That's a toot for Jotul standing behind their warranty - yeah!

Don't worry, Jake, I'll get you when you least expect it! :) (Stated in jest of course!)

Shari

Status
Not open for further replies.