Must of done something wright.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

xbunzx

Feb 25, 2010
Forreston IL
Running the Dutchwest 2479 EVERBURN and its heating us out of the house. Got the windows and the door open, yes its not 10 outside but 37 tonight and 86 in house.

xbunzx said:
Running the Dutchwest 2479 EVERBURN and its heating us out of the house. Got the windows and the door open, yes its not 10 outside but 37 tonight and 86 in house.

86? YIKES

Been there, done that. Been doing well so far this shoulder season, haven't cooked us out yet having a fire every or every other evening. When I get things too hot is when we just start going into the 24/7 season and I decide to load the stove up to keep from having to restart and later find that 24/7 season isn't here yet.

pen

Maybe it's time to stop feeding the stove wood?

Yeah been there. Second year with the 30 in-laws come into town. Forecast was for 19 degrees that night and when we went into town for dinner it was really cold. Left a burn in the stove. Got home and we got to chatting and indulging in beverages. And enjoying watching me make the stove do secondary burn tricks. About the time I loaded it up for the cold night the wind changed and started coming from the South. Warm wind. Roasted them in the upstairs bedroom at around 90 degrees.

Three years ago. They are finally coming back next weekend after I have promised not to cook them. Love the days this time of year. Hate the nights.

Hmm. Sounds like a good trick for when the in-laws show up.

BeGreen said:
Hmm. Sounds like a good trick for when the in-laws show up.

Could i get a play by play on secondary tricks and keeping the inlaws away for 3 years? One year married, obvously need the help

BrotherBart said:
Yeah been there. Second year with the 30 in-laws come into town. Forecast was for 19 degrees that night and when we went into town for dinner it was really cold. Left a burn in the stove. Got home and we got to chatting and indulging in beverages. And enjoying watching me make the stove do secondary burn tricks. About the time I loaded it up for the cold night the wind changed and started coming from the South. Warm wind. Roasted them in the upstairs bedroom at around 90 degrees.

Three years ago. They are finally coming back next weekend after I have promised not to cook them. Love the days this time of year. Hate the nights.

This would have been a good idea if you didn't get along with the in laws.

Status
Not open for further replies.