My 1 dollar vent brush

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pellet1

Hearth Supporter
Oct 3, 2008
Nova Scotia
One toilet bowl brush from $ store. Had a threaded handle which I removed and screwed in a section of hyd. line(which fit in perfectly) The hyd line is braided and is flexable enough to twist the brush around corners. Not sure if it would navigate 2 elbows, but it will do 1, and that is all I have.

Attachments

• IM002667.JPG
    IM002667.JPG
    17.1 KB · Views: 482
  • IM002666.JPG
    IM002666.JPG
    15.3 KB · Views: 477
If it works for you then good. I thought about it but figured the brush was too soft to do a proper job and bought the $15.00 rutland brush. I figure whats another $15.00 on top of a $4500 investment.

Hey flashbang----Fishkill. NY. We stopped at the big roadside diner there on our way back from Florida. Spent the night in Wilkes Barre, PA and were quite hungry by the time we hit Fishkill. That diner is fantastic. I-84 Diner or something like that.

I found the bristles on the commercial brush to be less stiff than those on the bowl brush. No, I was just fooling around, looking for a cheap solution.

That's great if you just happen to have a free hydraulic line.

I think that an old piece of garden hose would do too. Just trying to be innovative. Must be my Scottish blood. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.