my 20 ton splitter needs a home

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

schwaggly

Burning Hunk
Sep 23, 2009
n.shore ma
my 20 ton splitter needs a home. If anyone has a nice dry indoor spot for my splitter and can convince me that
they can take care of her LMK. I'm looking to set up a splitter/woodshare arangement. I currently have close
to 3 years worth of wood and no storage for my splitter or any more wood. Peabody, Lynnfield area and higher
post counts prefered. If I can't find something in a week or so I'll just sell it.

Attachments

• split21.jpg
    split21.jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 483
This sounds like a good deal--I'm sure you can find someone to work it out with. It would be a shame to sell it, especially if you could work out a mutual scrounging or log-length-load arrangement, which is what a friend of mine and I do.

Good luck!

S

I share mine with 2 other guys and it works out well. If nothing else, put an ad on Craigslist for a partner or two. Just make sure you feel comfortable with who you choose.

Oh man, no room for a splitter or more wood really has to suck. Somehow, wood heat and city living doesn't sound so good. Actually, city living period. That's why I live out in the country on 18 acres. That, and I don't like having neighbors close by.

If you can't find a good sharing arrangement, maybe selling it and then just renting one when you need it is an option.

Ya, I have more than a 3 year supply but will not be getting rid of our splitter. I'll also keep on cutting.

Wrap it up in a good tarp and call it a day rather than sell it.

Or sell it to me for $100.

mayhem said:
Wrap it up in a good tarp and call it a day rather than sell it.

Or sell it to me for $100.

I was thinking the same thing . . . well the part about tarping it . . . is this a possibility? My Uncle has had a woodsplitter for years and doesn't even tarp it . . . just covers the beam and engine with part of an old pool liner . . . not that I would do that . . . but wrapping it up nicely with a tarp . . . sure.

it's more of a space issue.

schwaggly said:
it's more of a space issue.

Wrap it up send it to my address and I'll keep it for you, plus I'll see how it works on some of the rounds I have in the woods. :zip:

zap

I'm telling ya, $100. Have cash in hand and can come get it out of your way this weekend.

OK, $125.

mayhem said:
I'm telling ya, $100. Have cash in hand and can come get it out of your way this weekend.

OK, $125.

If I had the same problem, I'd move my wife's car out of the garage before I took an offer from you for my splitter. :lol: Rick

Status
Not open for further replies.