My 6401 is now a Dolkita 7901!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

wendell

Minister of Fire
Jan 29, 2008
NE Iowa
I knew it was just a matter of time before i took the plunge so upgraded my 6401 this weekend.

Getting started
IMG_2965.jpg

IMG_2968.jpg

IMG_2970.jpg

Finishing up
IMG_2976.jpg

IMG_2978.jpg

The step-brothers
IMG_2979.jpg

Now we need a video of it running?

You sure know how to hurt a guy's feelings.

After, but it's still running pretty rich. I think we had it at about 12,800 out of the wood. I was about .5-.75 seconds off the fastest unmodded saws in the class.

wendell said:
You sure know how to hurt a guy's feelings.

After, but it's still running pretty rich. I think we had it at about 12,800 out of the wood. I was about .5-.75 seconds off the fastest unmodded saws in the class.

what kind of wood? and yes its running rich for sure....my 460 is running in the 13800 14000 rpm's

Oh and I was just guessing I thought you just did the upgrade and that was a gtg...in the summer.

It was at the GTG this weekend and we were cutting in red oak.

wendell said:
It was at the GTG this weekend and we were cutting in red oak.

that explains it. A gtg already your a mad man! lol

Hi -

I keep telling myself I already have two great saws that do all I need to do....

But I still want the big bore kit!! Not this year. Unless a windfall drops my way...

Glad it's working well for you,
Mike

I burned a piston in my 6400 last fall, so naturally I couldn't put stock parts in it.
Today I put my 28" bar on to cut up a 4'+ red oak log that's been sitting in my driveway since last winter. I was pretty impressed. The 64cc did ok with a skiptooth chain. I don't think it's necessary with 80cc. Next time I buy a chain I think I'm gonna get a regular one.

Status
Not open for further replies.