My advance

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

GVA

Minister of Fire
I figured that I should add to the site.
This was my install of the harman advance.
Tis the season :)

Attachments

• stove pic.jpg
    stove pic.jpg
    36.9 KB · Views: 995
Nice! i expecially like the fire extinguisher by the dog bowl. Good call keeping one of those handy.

That's one of the best Pellet stove installs I've seen. VERY nice!!!!!!!!!!

Looks great nice job!!!!!

Thanks guy's for the comments, This is the third season with it and it's very very warm (inside). Picked the location because the advance blows heat out from the beveled sides as well as the front, it helps to throw some heat directly at the kitchen where the dogs dish is. and it looks like the phone cord is wrapped in the fire extinguisher I better go take care of that......
Oh yeah never lost a dog to spontanious combustion but all three dogs seem to have a case of gaseous expulsions........(silent but deadly sometimes) :sick:

Very nice! Were you laying on the table to take that pic? (I can see the corner in the lower part of the shot). I think fire extinguishers are great housewarming gifts. Very few people will go out and buy a 25-30 dollar extinguisher for their own house. They buy the 10-dollar Kiddie from Lowe Depot and expect it to work 10 years from now. I learned that you need to bang those cheapies on the ground once to break the agent loose before using them. It seems to settle and cake after a while. Learned that from a friend who lost a vehicle because of that. Kind of distressing to squeeze the lever, and it just hisses a little!

I really like the looks of that stove in that room. Should be able to kick back and enjoy it for a long time to come.

Don't need to bang them on the ground, but it is good practice to turn them upside down a give them a shake every 6 months or so.

Status
Not open for further replies.