My baby's baby bunnies

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SolarAndWood

Minister of Fire
Feb 3, 2008
Syracuse NY
Some hare brain thought the fence around the garden was a good place for a nest. My wife intervened before the dog finished her work.

Attachments

• bunnies.jpg
    bunnies.jpg
    258.3 KB · Views: 494
Moma Rabbits gone? RE: Woof Woof. Let us know what you name those cute devils. I am pretty sure she will have a name picked out for them. Nice seasoned pile of wood by the way also.

The dog is a concrete block on legs so I doubt she chased mama down. Lisa, scratches and booboo. Lisa is the only one of the original 6 that survived the dog unscathed.

Very cute daughter! Good luck with those bunnies, probably best to keep them in a cage outside though...I remember having one once and it chewed EVERYTHING in the house (it didnt last very long).

Thanks Mike, nature ran its course pretty quickly after they were put back in the rehabbed nest.

Ah, I see. Thought she'd be kepping them, bet she'll be keeping a close eye out for them!

Solar,
I missed 2 baby rabbits by an inch with the weed whacker last summer while clearing around the garden beds. The mother only comes around once a day, usually around dusk...shes off doing other things like getting busy like a rabbit. Just leave the bunnies in their spot and mom will be back....they will usually leave the area in about a month. My wife and I had fun watching them grow up. havent seen them around this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.