My boys first curse word!!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chief Ryan

Mar 17, 2008
Long Island NY
Yesterday morning i'm bringing in some wood to the stove. I'm loading the holder next to the stove when i drop a piece. Before i had a chance to say it, my boy does. DAMMIT!!! As i turn to look at him he has a big smile across his face. As i laugh he continues to say DAMMIT,DAMMIT!!!

He's 21 months old. I think i was able to change it to DARNIT.

He's funny.

Phew! From the title I thought he said oil. :lol:

Bring him out to the barn, we'll fix it, quicker than a bunny :)

He's emulating, you're right on that one.

Doing The Dixie Eyed Hustle said:
Bring him out to the barn...
I got took out behind the woodshed. There was always a switch to be found there. Sometimes he'd let me choose the switch.

I have a 3 yr old son who shocked us the other day.
At the dinner table i spilled a drink and i said "son of a" and stopped myself.
Well thanks to grandpa, my son says "hey daddy you forgot B*tch"
I had to chuckle too, but not good.

The wife didn't think it was very funny at all.

bfunk13 said:
The wife didn't think it was very funny at all.
The first time my wife tried the "wait until your father gets home" and hit me with the news of my son's behavior as soon as I walked in the door, I gave my son a wink, an attaboy, and the thumbs up. The wife didn't find it very funny but I wasn't going to be made the one to dole out the punishment.

2 years ago I was rehabbing a house that we were going to rent. Lots of cursing involved in a process like that, let me tell you.
Well the wife gave me the "you need to be more careful when he's around" speech earlier in the day - and she was right.
So that afternoon when I walked head-on into a low beam in the basement and shook the house with my forehead, I simply bit my tongue and turned to
see the precious face of my little 3 year old looking up at my wordless pain and say with a question "goddammit Daddy?"

I don't have kids yet, but if this is what I have to look forward to, it sounds like a hoot!

I can't wait to teach my kids sorts of good words!

-SF

If that's the worst you ever see you will be very lucky. Two things for sure. Let him know it's not the thing to do and he will probably think better of making a habit of it down the road. Kick his ass and he surely won't but he will remember you doing it for the rest of his life and most likely not in a good way. See where that gets both of you down the road where it really counts. I thought the wood shed went by the way side with rubber hoses and clubs but I guess it lingers on yet. Remember, at 3 kids are just mimicking what they see you do so if you feel the need to pound someone I suggest a running start towards a corner of the wall where you won't break off the molding. If it's a lathe wall just pick any spot because you won't break it though your nose may not fare well . Seriously, this is just one of those amusing little incidents in life you will laugh about some day.
I know a guy who did a stretch in Iraq. He got the honor of going into some sort of septic tank to retrieve the body of some young girl who offended daddy in some way. The Iraqi stuck her in there as punishment and left her there for a while. I guess the guy forgot about methane gas being poisonous or something but what stuck me funny was why they didn't make him go down there and fish her body out himself. Now that's discipline old school, right back to the 15th century. I guess he sure showed her! Pick yer poison.

I was thinking the same thing as Brother Bart! My kids arent allowed to use that word (oil)...

one morning it was down to 63 ish in the house, and i told them that i was going to start a fire to warm the house up, but it would take a little while. They said "just turn on the oil to warm it up"!!!!!!! Oh, the humanity.

Back on the subjest, my 12 year old step daughter dropped an s-bomb at the dinner table with us and her grandparents a few weeks ago! She was talking about something that she had seen and says "and I eas like OH SH--"! We all just sat there in shock!

Status
Not open for further replies.