My Camera-shy Audience

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

quads

Minister of Fire
Nov 19, 2005
Central Sands, Wisconsin
All winter there has been a herd of about 20 deer where I have been cutting. They watch me working, peeking from behind the thickets. They've been really hard to get a picture of. Two of them have finally decided that deer season was long enough ago to become a little bit more brave.
IMG_5844.jpg

They got up after awhile, but they still weren't too afraid.
IMG_5849.jpg

Slowly moving away.
IMG_5850.jpg

And there they go.
IMG_5851.jpg

The day's airplane photo.
IMG_5854.jpg

I thought this was a red-tailed hawk, it's screech sounded like one. He was way up there. But, upon review of the photo, I don't think it was. Not sure what kind of hawk it was.
IMG_5857.jpg

It was a beautiful sunshiny day.
IMG_5858.jpg

40°. Won't be long now before Spring arrives. There could be a lot more snow and cold, but it won't last long anymore.
IMG_5860.jpg

Awesome!

Spring is in the air for sure.

I can barely get a shot of a deer through a window here, they spook that easy.
I've tried sneaking the camera out the front door, but they are gone with just the sound of the knob turning.
Haven't seen any lately, which is just as well because they chewed all the yews and arborvitaes around the house pretty bad last time(s) they were here.

billb3 said:
I can barely get a shot of a deer through a window here, they spook that easy.
I've tried sneaking the camera out the front door, but they are gone with just the sound of the knob turning.
Haven't seen any lately, which is just as well because they chewed all the yews and arborvitaes around the house pretty bad last time(s) they were here.
They've been pretty spooky all winter after deer season, but these two are finally coming around and getting used to me. I rode right up to them on the ATV to take these pictures.

Nice shots!

A few shots I got from inside last year.

3397260502_c9510c48da_b.jpg

3397259742_e4b5f0cc7d_b.jpg

3063816949_a69e94110f_b.jpg

Quads,nice pics.I'm not so sure that's not a redtailed hawk.There's one around here that could be it's twin.The wildlife officers said it was a red tailed hawk.I forget what what they called it,but sometimes the tail doesn't get the color,but it's not an aborigini spl?Something about a light morph or dark morph something or another.

Diesel73 said:
Nice shots!

A few shots I got from inside last year.
Wow! Those are beautiful! I could only hope to get shots of deer like that. I especially like the black and white ones. Those deer sure aren't shy about coming up to your house.

kartracer said:
Quads,nice pics.I'm not so sure that's not a redtailed hawk.There's one around here that could be it's twin.The wildlife officers said it was a red tailed hawk.I forget what what they called it,but sometimes the tail doesn't get the color,but it's not an aborigini spl?Something about a light morph or dark morph something or another.
It certainly sounded like a red-tailed. Don't usually see them here in the winter though, and he was way up there, so couldn't really tell what it looked like until I viewed the picture later.

Not much snow Quads. I thought you guys had more.

ihookem said:
Not much snow Quads. I thought you guys had more.
It's about knee-deep yet, with a real hard icy layer a few inches from the top. It's ok as long as I (and the deer) can stay on top, but a real pain when it breaks through.

Good pictures fellas. Thanks.

I had 15 or so deer bedded here last week and they stayed while I passed within about 30 yards with the atv. My wife sees them most times on her daily walk and she even saw a mink at the creek. Then there is the times that we've had fawns born right by the house; 3 times! Now that is sweet.

kartracer said:
Diesel,
What part of KY are you in?Those are some great shots too.

Thanks!, Georgetown

Status
Not open for further replies.