My Cody and his Equinox

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jlow

Feeling the Heat
Jan 19, 2009
Sterling Heights, Michigan
My 10 year old Lab, Cody, had knee surgery on Monday. He has been in much discomfort and this morning he seemed to finally feel a litle better. He likes it in front of the stove and this picture reflects that. We are so happy he is on the mend and no longer in serious pain.

Attachments

• DSC06484_(Medium).jpg
    DSC06484_(Medium).jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 530
Dogs usually claim the warmest spot by a wood burning stove. That heat will be good for his leg too. I hope he heals fast. Nice looking dog too.

What a great picture! Poor ol boy is just restin his achin bones. Hope he recovers fast!

Which surgery did he have? My now 7 yo Lab had the TPLO in June this year. Recovery went well and while he stands on it a little funny now, he runs, jumps and plays just as when he was a pup. Overall it went just fine, paying for it was the only problem.
I hope he is up and running soon.

Cody had a TPLO in 2008 on his right knee. This one on his left knee was an MRIT. With this one they want him to start bearing weight as soon as he feels up to it. Cody has hip issues also and when we did the TPLO they were aware that his other knee was going bad. It blew on the 19th and we got him in on Monday for the repair. He is doing well with the maneuvering so far.

jlow said:
My 10 year old Lab, Cody, had knee surgery on Monday. He has been in much discomfort and this morning he seemed to finally feel a litle better. He likes it in front of the stove and this picture reflects that. We are so happy he is on the mend and no longer in serious pain.

We hope he has a full recovery and is 100 percent for Christmas.

zap

Thanks Zap, we hope he is too!!

My 7 year old golden had bladder surgery on Monday. Made a nice bed for him in our front room where the insert is so I could keep a close eye on him when I first brought him home (about 2 hours after the surgery). When he could get up and walk straight the first thing he did was head to the back of the house to cooler temps...(front room runs between 70-75*)...

He and I do not understand all of the pictures we see here of dogs curled up in front of stoves.....his preference is a cold hardwood floor.....Me thinks it is all of that hair he is covered with even though they shaved a bunch of it off....

My son is the one who curls up in front of the fire despite his long hair... :coolsmile:

Glad Cody is on the mend. I am always amazed by how quickly dogs heal. Ben was acting like nothing happened just 4 days after surgery...

The fool dog has a completely rebuilt drivetrain. He was a lot younger than your Cody, but the difference in him his night and day. He moves quickly, easily, and with no sign of pain. The recovery period was a drag (lots of enforced quiet time, and then very gradual reconditioning after the healing was complete), but the end result has been worth the time and effort.

Best wishes to Cody for a speedy recovery. And what a great picture.

Great pic . . . hope your buddy is back on his feet soon.

Our 7-year-old Aussie is just days away from ending a 4-month recovery from TPLO surgery. He walks without a limp and is rarin' to go. I'm nervous to let him off the leash for the first time in 4 months. He runs crazy after squirrels and every other animal. But you can't keep dogs from being dogs. Speedy recovery to Cody.

Status
Not open for further replies.