My Convection blower just stays in 1 speed

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

hesria

Dec 21, 2010
DOVER NH
So i had my New Englander 25 PDV on for the first time last night and i have noticed that my convection blower (blows the hot air to room) just stays in 1 speed? When i tried to move the fan speed to more than 1. All i hear just humming noise coming out of that fan. I have been calling the tech support but never got thru. I have been on hold for more than 1 hour with them with no result. This is my first time posting here. Is there a way i can do my own testing? I'm currently not at home right now and will be home at midnight. Any suggestion would be much appreciated. One more thing I believe this stove still under warranty because i only had this stove for 9 months now.

if you can't control the fan speed it sounds like the control board has issues, be patient and talk to Englander they will help you with the problem and if it is under warranty they will replace it, there customer service is the best i'm sure they are getting a lot of calls because people are starting up ther stoves.

Calling & talking on the phone is the best bet (and is also best to be next to the stove when you call), but if the line's busy (busy time of year for them), try sending Mike Holton an e-mail (stoveguy2esw@yahoo,com), or send him a PM through the forum (stoveguy2esw)......he is the senior Tech at Englander, and a member on the forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.