My dealer/repair shop has my harman accentra insert 4 months now!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 20, 2008
eastern,PA
stove was picked up 4 months ago to replace cracked auger tube. i have been very patient, knowing repairs might be fill in work for slow times ect.
talked to the service mgr about 10 days ago and he said harman is having an issue with the burn pot supplier.the first batch from the supplier didn't pass testing and the next batch is expected any day.
does anyone know if this is true and who is this mystery supplier?

Sounds Fishy... 4 Months???? I want my stove back. its 50 something tonight, it wont be long.... Again, I want my stove and I want it Now!! 4 months is unacceptable.

Unless this is true. I would call another dealer or hopefully a dealer from this Forum will know.

Well, we have replaced MANY of those feeder weldment assemblies (of which the auger tube is one part), and have not heard of an issue with any defective weldments, part backorders, etc. It is a fairly big job though, probably yours was backburnered.......I do think a little coaxing to the dealer might be in order here though....4 months is a long time. Our biggest issue in getting them replaced isnt doing the work, its the homeowner not being available, or not seeing the need just yet...its still warm out........never fear though, when we get a frost, all those folks who keep putting us off will all want them on the same day....tomorrow!

the Harman part number is 1-00-677150....we have replaced about 40 this year, and 69 last year.....the Insert is the easiest one to replace, as you can undock the stove easily, and get at the parts easily as well....

Currently have 20 of the weldments in stock, receiving our last order about 2 weeks ago. Shortage? Not in our area.

"Squeaky wheel gets the grease!" The thing that would drive me nuts is, you did the right thing, you approached it during the off season. Not to have it at this point is ridiculous.

CelciusMaximus said:
burn pot came in and test burn completed
stove is being returned next wed.
i would still like to know where harman is getting burn pots....china?
I think you shook the right tree. You waited a lot longer than I could have. Hope it runs well when you get it back. Let us know.

stove was returned y-day. other than the long wait ,i am very pleased with the work my dealer did. they repainted the entire stove and replaced the
door gasket n/c

Nice. New paint too. Wow.
Glad to see you got it back and are pleased with the work.

Status
Not open for further replies.