My Enviro Milan insert has started moaning

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mikeFromMedfield

Jan 1, 2011
Medfield
Hi. I read the manual and did a good job cleaning out the burn area. My Enviro Milan insert as started to moan. It's definitely more than a squeak. I haven't been able to correlate it to pellets being dropped. It also does not appear to be rhythmic, or at least it happens every couple of minutes - sometimes more frequent, sometimes not.

I haven't found how to pull the carcass out so I can check the mechanism from the hopper to the burn pot.

Thanks in advance for your suggestions.

mike

Do you vacuum the hopper on a regular basis?

I would start there and maybe even add some powdered graphite to a small batch of pellets and run them thru the stove. If that doesn't do it? You will need to pull out the unit and remove the auger motor. There is a plate with a bushing that holds the auger worm in place. Fines from the pellets collect there. A good cleaning will help. Don't grease it or lube with oil. I use an litely oiled rag to just whip the bushing ID.

Download the sevice manual from Enviro's site. The auger removal is covered in there.

Status
Not open for further replies.