my first burn

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jjc1800

Jan 10, 2011
Lithonia Ga
hey guys and gals , i got up yesterday morning and began my install project of my harman p68. i started around noon and finished up around 4:30. i could have finished sooner but i had no help, so i had to keep running in and outside. i had to go through brick for my install and i was kinda worried about that, but with the help of my new dewalt hammer drill that i got off of ebay, and a masonary drill bit it was a piece of cake. i waited until this evening to start her up, i wanted to give the owners manual another once over. well so far so good. i was kinda worried though because i smelled smoke in the house but i quickly realized it was the coating on the stove burning off. for now i have it on room temp , feed rate #4, blower on low and the igniter set to manual. i will see how this works for a while, and fine tune it later. i decided not to do the (oak) for now because i want to see how it warms the house with out it first, plus there is a chance that i might be relocating by next summer so i didnt want to drill two holes in the house just in case i do move. im trying to post some pics but when i do it says that the attachment is too big, how do i make it smaller?

Pictures, or it never happened. %-P

Status
Not open for further replies.