My Harman P-43 shut off in stove mode.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

referee38

Mar 27, 2011
Eastern Pa
I was running my stove in stove mode and it shut off what gives< It should not do this right. I turned the knob to high and then the fan shut off. I then turned it to room temp mode and it started again, its a new stove maybe its time for a warranty call to the dealer??

thanks,
Ed

No, it shouldn't. What was the feed rate and stove temp set at? What kind of pellets, are they on the longish side? Did the installer check draft? Any blinking lights?

Feed rate 4, Hamers, no blinking lights. Draft check no but this is first time its happened stove has been running now for a month.

referee38 said:
Feed rate 4, Hamers, no blinking lights. Draft check no but this is first time its happened stove has been running now for a month.

well, once is a fluke, twice is a trend. I assume the hopper was pretty full? I wouldn't sweat it unless it happens again.

I've never had a flame out, but I'm only at about 4 tons total.

Yea hopper was full only thing I can think of is it was not feeding pelllets for some reason. I may call the dealer on Friday. I do love my stove though does that make me strange :)

referee38 said:
Yea hopper was full only thing I can think of is it was not feeding pelllets for some reason. I may call the dealer on Friday. I do love my stove though does that make me strange :)

thinking out loud, any chance the hopper lid wasn't sealed tight?

What about pellet bridging?

Lid was closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.