My harman P68 wont stop running

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

snodays700

Feb 9, 2009
central maine
I have Harman p68 second year now. I am using it t heat a two story cape. Last year I used it on both stove temp and room temp mode. When the stove got to temp it would shut down. This year the stove has failed to stop running. I have used it all season and it has not stop burning once.

Any incite on this?

It shouldn't shut down in stove temp mode, auto ignite. Are you saying it won't shut down in room temp mode either? ESP, control board? Sorry, haven't heard of that one. Hopefully one of the smarter people will chime in...

newf lover said:
It shouldn't shut down in stove temp mode, auto ignite. Are you saying it won't shut down in room temp mode either? ESP, control board? Sorry, haven't heard of that one. Hopefully one of the smarter people will chime in...

Newf Lover is correct. If you are running the stove in room temp mode and it reaches the desired set temp, it should throttle back and shut off. Check your temp probe on the back of the stove and also check to see if you have the "status light" blinking. That will tell you if you have a problem as well. Good luck and keep us posted. BTW, you should still be under warranty too.

If running in Room Temp mode, make sure the remote sensor is not being hit with cold air or cold floor/wall.
Check this after following what Harman Lover 007 suggested.

If your in stove temp mode it won't shut down.
If your in room temp mode and it's maintaining the desired temp, it is working correctly. If it's cooking you out of the room, something is up...

should be the black length of wire on the back...the plugs for the wires are just below the hopper edge.

snodays700 said:
In stove temp mode will the flame ever go out. Does the stove ever get to tempiture and shut its self off in stove temp mode?

No. The only way it will go out is if it runs out of pellets. The owners manual should provide you with this info.

Status
Not open for further replies.