My little firewood helper (well, in a few years...)

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SlyFerret

Minister of Fire
Hearth Supporter
Feb 12, 2007
Delaware, Ohio
I can't believe that I forgot to post an announcement here when my son was born a few weeks ago! I started to write one, but was side tracked and never finished or posted it. In hindsight, it has been a crazy month.

At 9:29pm on 9/11/11, my wife and I welcomed our son Warren into the world. He was 4 lbs. 12.4 oz.

We had a little scare with listeria (the same bacteria that has been in the news lately), and after consulting our doctor and the high risk fetal medicine doctors at the university medical center, the decision was made to deliver him a little early.

Luckily everything turned out great. He exceeded everyone's expectations, and was able to come home after only 6 days in the NICU! We were very lucky that he never had to be on a breathing machine or feeding tube.

We can already tell that he will be quite a character!

-SF

Attachments

• IMG_5279.jpg
    IMG_5279.jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 454
  • IMG_5321.jpg
    IMG_5321.jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 456
  • IMG_5707.jpg
    IMG_5707.jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 449
That is just so great. Congrats Dad. That last pic says he is kickin back already.

I remember when you did that great install and now a new great kid. You are on a roll!

Congrats to the whole family...and a hearty welcome to the new member. What's his name? Rick

That's a fine looking boy, indeed! Look at those eyes--you can tell he's already thinking about things. It's easy to picture him about five years from now saying, "Dad, don't you think it would be easier if we did it this way?" How terrific that all the medical scare is behind you and he's on his way. Cherish every day . . . I was just thinking earlier tonight about my son when he was that age--and I was on my way home from his junior-year homecoming game. Happens in a heartbeat, and no do-overs . . . wish I could push rewind and live it all again.

He is awesome!!! Love the pic with his arms up...
I know so many people having babies lately......my mother still wishes I was one of them.. >:-(
Lotsa luck with the lil guy... :)

Congrats !! I love the bottom pic ! And I agree, he's got the look of a thinker :)

Anyone who's had a child knows how busy a time that can be, so don't sweat the late announcement. Glad you're able and willing to share with us.
Youngest granddaughter had an attitude right from the git-go, and still does.
You are now on the ride of your life :lol: ......good luck from someone with one son, 3 daughters, 3 granddaughters, and one grandson.

Congrats!

We have two boys and if it were up to me we would have had 5. Kids are the greatest.

SlyFerret said:
We had a little scare with listeria (the same bacteria that has been in the news lately), and after consulting our doctor and the high risk fetal medicine doctors at the university medical center, the decision was made to deliver him a little early.

Luckily everything turned out great. He exceeded everyone's expectations, and was able to come home after only 6 days in the NICU! We were very lucky that he never had to be on a breathing machine or feeding tube.

AWESOME! My daughter has some health issues that still need to be worked out. They thought she might need a level III NICU at birth so we switched hospitals last minute but thankfully her breathing (she has a lung condition) was fine. She is home now but will need to have surgery at Childrens Hospital in Philadelphia-scary, but all should be well after its taken care of. Glad to hear your little guy is doing OK.

Well then, we'll be thinking good thoughts for both of the newest hearth.com members.

Congrats . . . and understandable that you didn't post right away . . . I imagine having a newborn would keep one quite busy.

SlyFerret said:
Thanks guys!

Badfish: Keep us posted on how she's doing!!

I will definitely-November 1st is our consultation-surgery should follow shortly thereafter. In the meantime we're just enjoying being a family. I have to say your little guy looks cool as a cucumber, almost like he's lounging poolside, in the last pic on the right-great shot!

Congrats and I think he is showing off his "guns" in the thrid picture... Also, enjoy every single second of them cause kids grow up way to quik.

Status
Not open for further replies.