My mama warned me about boys like you...

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mrs. Krabappel

Minister of Fire
Jan 31, 2010
Blue Ridge Mountains NC
I came here for some help shopping for stove, which I received in spades. Never imagined I'd still be here passing the hot potato.
Thanks for two years of a warm house. I likely would have given up after trying to burn green oak.
I never would have bought the 30, the saw, or tried to clean my own chimney. I'll never forget the first time I climbed that roof, when everyone was waiting "back at the ranch" to make sure I hadn't falled off!
Words cannot express how grateful I am for the advice, companionship, and the almost daily belly laughs.

It's been dreamy to have you here with us...stick around. Rick

Having young ladies on the forum keeps us gentlemen on our best behaviour.... ;-)

I remember the first roof climb, with "the boy on the ground with the cell phone" :p

woodchip said:
Having young ladies on the forum keeps us gentlemen on our best behaviour.... ;-)

And having more mature women on board keeps the rest of us in line. lol

Good is the lessons of stove and burning. Ready for next level you are..hmmMMM. <----said in my best Yoda voice.

BeGreen said:

I could not agree with you more BG....they keep us in line.... :lol:

Kat, you should pat yourself on the back....I am sure your woodburning "adventure" has been a long journey, but probably one of the easiest of all you have encountered.

I too have to extend my thanks to all the burners here for the help and support this last year. It has been a "bumpy ride" but I could not have done it without all of you. I became a member here a year ago after looming for a while but after reading many of Kat and Dix's posts, I decided to take the plunge and join.

I love all you guys and gals....Thankx :)

"You walk well the path of the wood burner Grasshopperette."

- Master Po

I think I just shed a tear......no wait, just a dog hair. N/M.
Whew. Thought I was getting all sappy and stuff.
Kathleen, you were here before we knew 'ya. You just weren't "here" yet.
Same for a lot of folks that found this place. It suits who we are, and the laughs are the icing on the cake.
See, now I gotta' go bake a damn cake. Chocolate sounds good. :cheese:
Oh, and right back atcha. I think Mr. Issod done gooder. :coolsmile:

GAMMA RAY said:
BeGreen said:

I could not agree with you more BG....they keep us in line.... :lol:

Kat, you should pat yourself on the back....I am sure your woodburning "adventure" has been a long journey, but probably one of the easiest of all you have encountered.

I too have to extend my thanks to all the burners here for the help and support this last year. It has been a "bumpy ride" but I could not have done it without all of you. I became a member here a year ago after looming for a while but after reading many of Kat and Dix's posts, I decided to take the plunge and join.

I love all you guys and gals....Thankx :)

That "bumpy ride" is gonna haunt me. Me and Bette Davis :)

That's how it always starts. Just ask a simple question about an old stove and next thing ya know,
you're feeling indebted for more than you could have imagined. At least that's what this forums done
for me, but then, I get a little dramatic at times. :lol:
Kenny

kenny chaos said:
...but then, I get a little dramatic at times. :lol:
Kenny

Huh, never noticed. :coolsmile:

Always glad to read K's post's. I hope I have helped out. You can be pretty intimidating with the amount of intelligence you have, K! (read sometimes you make me feel dumb)!

I, also, would like to thank the forum members for all the responses to my questions. Sure am glad I found this site. I've said it before and I'll say it again-it's the only forum I participate in. When I signed on in 2010, I thought it would be just a temporary thing...

Has it really been that long Kathleen? Time flies! I hope you continue to stick around.

Hmm, shouldn't you ladies be in the kitchen cooking some stew or sumpin? LMAO

Hogwildz said:

Hmmm....I am gonna let that one slide hogz..... :lol: :p ;-)

>:-(

GAMMA RAY said:
Hogwildz said:

Hmmm....I am gonna let that one slide hogz..... :lol: :p ;-)

>:-(

I hear you, but it doesn't sound like its coming from the kitchen. :lol: ;-)

yooperdave said:
. You can be pretty intimidating with the amount of intelligence you have, K! (read sometimes you make me feel dumb)!...

http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-laughing004.gif Dude, right now I am teaching sixth grade, which means I am neither intelligent nor intimidating.

Thanks for the compliment though!

I've been super busy, as I started grad school, so I haven't been around as much. I've still been actively working with the wood though. Making trips to the sawmill (thanks Lee!) Trying out my new chain saw in my stylish chaps (Thanks BB!) and I still have a bit of wood from the Captain https://www.hearth.com/econtent/index.php/forums/fort/12148/ who practically got me through last winter with seasoned wood.

Yesterday I had to pull my nose out of the books to go pickup a couple of apple wood from my farmer friend :)

Thanks y'all!

Happy burning K! I let mine pass without saying anything. I too joined in January of 2010. I could not imagine burning wood or pellets without the help of the people in this forum. Thank you all and congrats Kathleen!

Status
Not open for further replies.