My New Hampton HI300 (pics)

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
thanks for the advice you've given. the insert is installed and looks beautiful.

before:
tn_img_2678.jpg

afters:
tn_20080808_0612.jpg

tn_20080808_0600.jpg

tn_20080808_0607.jpg

there is some osb protecting the new pine plank flooring, so you can't see how nice it looks with the white fireplace. painting it was the best thing we ever did - when it was black, it made the whole room gloomy.

can't wait to fire her up this fall!

Attachments

• tn_20080808_0600.JPG
    tn_20080808_0600.JPG
    52.2 KB · Views: 1,118
Very nice job. Looks great. I agree with painting the brick, much improved!

Beauty. I love that stove

That is one nice setup!! Good job. 8

Ohhhh, that new stove smell!

Now that's a BIG improvement. The stove and installation look great. You are going to be in heat city soon!

What's the plan for the hearth extension?

I'd use a pure cement board like durock or wonderboard. Hardibacker has cellulose in it.

Nice stove and look. Wish they were available around here.

Oh there available around here.

My dad has the regency I2400 and that stove is pretty plain compared to yours.Nice work and Nice stove

Nice set up I bet you went through a fair amount of paint. Bricks are pretty thirsty. well done.

My Hampton install is 3-4 weeks away. thanks for the inspiring pics.... tick tick tick

I bet the reason there are not Hamtons available to the guy from CT might have something to do with the flamethrower ;-)

brewerpete said:
Nice set up I bet you went through a fair amount of paint. Bricks are pretty thirsty. well done.

My Hampton install is 3-4 weeks away. thanks for the inspiring pics.... tick tick tick

I bet the reason there are not Hamtons available to the guy from CT might have something to do with the flamethrower ;-)

And once its in you will be itching to throw a match to it. I remember the first year of burning, lots of fun, by year 20 its nice the first month, then, not so much.

Thanks for all the nice comments.

burntime said:
Ohhhh, that new stove smell!
I'm actually not all that excited about the first burn. It's going to stink, right?

As for the paint job, the fireplace only has one coat of primer and one coat of paint on it so far. Because it was already painted, it wasn't thirsty brick (like unpainted can be). It looks so good that I think we're done painting for now. No black showing through, at all!

Any way to make the cord look less...cord-y? It just sticks out like a sore thumb. If only the fan would run on magic...

Common mistake. Just be sure not to get the lightweight durock, that has styrofoam pellets in it. You want a pure cement product like regular durock or wonderboard.

Status
Not open for further replies.