My new tent

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

daveswoodhauler

Minister of Fire
May 20, 2008
Massachusetts
Ok, been slow on the forum lately...and with my wife and I never buying anything for ourselves we finally bit the bullet and got our new tent on wheels...kids are very excitied.
Been roughing it for years, and we are looking forward our next trip.
Hope everyone is havng a great summer

Attachments

• camper1.jpg
    camper1.jpg
    175.5 KB · Views: 642
Looks great, good times will be had by all campers.

zap

I have always thought a pop-up camper looks like a total blast on wheels. You don't have to sleep on the ground or fiddle around with a tent, they're easy to haul and park. The husband remains unconvinced, however. .. . I'd be hard pressed not to leave it set up at home and sleep in it all summer long.

But, the closest I've gotten to one is doing the inevitable repairs that roll into the shop in the spring... a winter's worth of rodent chewing and nesting can make for considerable "job security".

You are going to have a total blast with it and your kids will remember going camping/having sleep-overs in it for the rest of their lives. Looks like fun.

my wife would love one of those, but I dont think it will fit in my canoe. Maybe I could tow it behind the canoe though? Let me know if yours floats. Do you have the little toilet under the bench seat? Nothing beats poopin' in the kitchen/living room/bedroom :lol:

You will no doubt love it. We had one for years until some guy hit it sideways with his car. We always enjoyed it and have talked about getting another one ever since we sold our motor home. We may still get one.

Been backpacking and tent camping for years and just started considering getting one. I want it so we can be a bit more spur of the moment campers and not have to worry about setting up a tent at 11PM on friday night - or taking one down in the rain.

If you don't mind, what year is it and how much did you pay? I looked at a few on craigslist and some folks want too much money for an old camper. I'd rather go newer/new if I am going to have to shell out some $$.

the popup takes a while to set up and would not want to do it at night if possible. They are a blast since you are not on the ground, have a stove and sink, and some have a pottie in them, sleeping is grand, outside but inside. They still need to be sealed at seams every once in a while and when packing it up for the season and long winter you need to put i some rodent poison etc or the mice eat the place up. been there and done that. Now have a fifthwheel but still remember my popup days and they were GREAT!!!!

CTwoodburner said:
Been backpacking and tent camping for years and just started considering getting one. I want it so we can be a bit more spur of the moment campers and not have to worry about setting up a tent at 11PM on friday night - or taking one down in the rain.

If you don't mind, what year is it and how much did you pay? I looked at a few on craigslist and some folks want too much money for an old camper. I'd rather go newer/new if I am going to have to shell out some $$.

Its actually a 1999, but in very good condition. It was an original owner and very well cared for. Paid $2200 just probably down the road from you in the Sandy Hook area. (I could have got one at a better price come fall, but we really wanted on and it is in vary good condition for its age)
Has a fridge, Heater, sink. (No pooper)
Just took it up 320 miles each way to Acadia National Park, and we had a blast with our 3 boys.....I have all my backpacking/tenting gear too...but I am lovin the popup

Wow! Looks brand new to me. You got a good thing going there.

Steve

Status
Not open for further replies.