My new to me 395XP that I really don't need but it is going to be fun!!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

wendell

Minister of Fire
Jan 29, 2008
NE Iowa
Unfortunately, I have all of my wood cut up. Guess it's time to go out and scrounge some more!

IMG_3462.jpg

IMG_3463.jpg

Wow, Going to Strap it to a mill? What size bar?

I'm sure at some point but for now, it is just for throwing chips.

wendell said:
I'm sure at some point but for now, it is just for throwing chips.
What size bar?

smokinjay said:
What size bar?

42" Not one of those candy a** 41 inchers. ;-)

wendell said:
smokinjay said:
What size bar?

42" Not one of those candy a** 41 inchers. ;-)

My 41 is so tough its got a hard nose! Not to metion the cubic inch thing...lol

There's nothing in this thread about PPE, so it should be deleted. I don't care if you did get a new, cool saw that we'd all like to play with.

S

thinkxingu said:
There's nothing in this thread about PPE, so it should be deleted. I don't care if you did get a new, cool saw that we'd all like to play with.

S
+1

Just take the chain off and go around revving it up....... Oh and dont forget your ear protection

Better?

IMG_3465.jpg

Notice how I made sure the Labonville decal was showing to make sure you knew I was using quality PPE.

wendell said:
Better?

IMG_3465.jpg

Notice how I made sure the Labonville decal was showing to make sure you knew I was using quality PPE.

Nice, How about a video of that monster?

Your chaps clash with your perty new saw.

wendell said:
Unfortunately, I have all of my wood cut up. Guess it's time to go out and scrounge some more!

IMG_3462.jpg

IMG_3463.jpg

Nice chainsaw, whats the smallest bar you can run on that beast?

zap

zapny said:
Nice chainsaw, whats the smallest bar you can run on that beast?

You should see how fast that thing drops through hardwood with a 20" bar on it.

I need to get some wood before I get the video done but I will get on it. Not sure why but the chain that came with it is safety chain so I will need to get that replaced. 135 drive links of RSC is going to be painful.

I'm not sure how short you can go but I'm sure that anything less than 20" would be a little ridiculous.

wendell said:
I need to get some wood before I get the video done but I will get on it. Not sure why but the chain that came with it is safety chain so I will need to get that replaced. 135 drive links of RSC is going to be painful.

I'm not sure how short you can go but I'm sure that anything less than 20" would be a little ridiculous.

You bet that 135 drive going to be north of 40.00 for rsc! milling chains from woodland pro just over 20.00

wendell said:

IMG_3462.jpg

IMG_3463.jpg
Nice saw Wendell, I ran that same model with a 28in bar on a tree crew years ago. Nice power to weight saw.

Kinda like the ole high school shouts in the halls: " ...mine is longer than yours...."

Oh myyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy WenDell, you are sooooo man with that bar. :lol:
( Even the PNW loggers rarely use a bar that size. Not pro practical for real work. Ever sharpen a 40" chain in the field ? Just thot you'd like to know some real stuff.)

fjord said:
Kinda like the ole high school shouts in the halls: " ...mine is longer than yours...."

Oh myyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy WenDell, you are sooooo man with that bar. :lol:
( Even the PNW loggers rarely use a bar that size. Not pro practical for real work. Ever sharpen a 40" chain in the field ? Just thot you'd like to know some real stuff.)

Troll!

Wow, somebody from New Hampshire and an expert on PNW logging. Fjord, we are so lucky to have you as a resource. I'm sure the other members will learn lots from all of your wisdom and winning personality.

So, I'm happy to jump right to the front. How would you cut up a 70" Silver Maple?

Status
Not open for further replies.