My new to me boat! :-)

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jtakeman

Minister of Fire
Dec 30, 2008
Northwestern CT.
www.facebook.com
Just bought a bass boat to do some serious bass fishing with. Spring fever got me and the boy so we just had tooo! :cheese:

2000 Stratos Vindicator 17 w/matching trailer and a 2003 Evinrude 115hp DI Motor. Only has 35 hours on it. Owner never even drilled holes to mount a fish finder. Very clean!

Attachments

• new toy!.jpg
    new toy!.jpg
    23.9 KB · Views: 568
  • stratos%20003-79120.jpg
    stratos%20003-79120.jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 590
  • stratos%20004-51828.jpg
    stratos%20004-51828.jpg
    44.9 KB · Views: 564
  • stratos%20006-88252.jpg
    stratos%20006-88252.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 582
  • stratos%20007-7727.jpg
    stratos%20007-7727.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 584
  • stratos%20002-44457.jpg
    stratos%20002-44457.jpg
    51.1 KB · Views: 628
SWEEEEEEEETTTTTTT Find..................................Enjoy!!!!!!!!!

Beauty! Some fun, memorable times ahead, I'm sure. Rick

sweet looking ride ya got there !

on a side note,,,where do i find a good small out board mechanic
around our neck of the woods ???

When did they start making these things so fast?

I understand the shallow draft - but somehow that an 50 MPH don't seem to go together!

I just sold my little sailboat - looking for something now. Not even sure what I want, but want to fiddle around with various designs and find one I want to grow old with.

Can fish swim at 55MPH? :cheese:

Actually this is a step down, My trade in did 70MPH. But was built more for water sports than fishin. I really don't need the speed anymore, Just wanna fish with my son! I let him pick it out. First one he drooled on was a $40K Triton(kids got good taste!). But I steered him to my affordable zone. With todays gas prices, We will be using the bow mount more than the bruiser on the back end. A blast here and there, Just to remind us she's quick! :cheese:

Webmaster said:
I just sold my little sailboat - looking for something now. Not even sure what I want find one I want to grow old with.

I saw your little boat for sale. It was a sweet boat. Hope you got a decent price.
It's an awesome time to buy a boat.
Many boats can be had for 50% of their asking price if they've been
on the market long enough.
We just bought one for 30% of what they were asking two years ago!
Kenny

j-takeman said:
Can fish swim at 55MPH? :cheese:...

There are fish that are faster than that, but not the kind of fish you'll be going after. Need a bit different boat for that kind of fishing. Rick

nice :cheese:

I see a "boat shed" in the future :)
Sweet

index.php

Rather large chimney cap for such a skinny chimney.

Sweet !!

j-takeman said:
I really don't need the speed anymore, Just wanna fish...

I hear ya. I get all the speed I need on my Ultra. Might be in the market for a "Party Barge" - nothing TOO big 0-
just for leisurely rides around the lake at sunset...Maybe drown a coupla nitecrawlers...

j-takeman said:
Just bought a bass boat to do some serious bass fishing with. Spring fever got me and the boy so we just had tooo! :cheese:

2000 Stratos Vindicator 17 w/matching trailer and a 2003 Evinrude 115hp DI Motor. Only has 35 hours on it. Owner never even drilled holes to mount a fish finder. Very clean!

Nice Jay!!! The $$ from that big promotion must have been burning a hole in your pocket..... ;-P

Can't wait to hear the story about the "big one that got away because of the boat" :lol:

Looks awesome J-man. I hope you and your son enjoy it. Take some pics of your first fishing trip and post them for us. Stay safe, and have fun.

imacman said:
j-takeman said:

Nice Jay!!! The $$ from that big promotion must have been burning a hole in your pocket..... ;-P

Can't wait to hear the story about the "big one that got away because of the boat" :lol:

Actually pete, I stole this one! I was looking new when the wife said no way to $24K so we kept looking. I just missed a 2009 stratos for $12,900. But got the lead from him on this one. My out of pocket after trade in is only $3500 plus reg fees. Plus I still have to sell my 14 ft.

What's gonna put a whole in my pocket is the fuel to us it. But hey you only go round once and I plan on enjoying all the time we spend on the water! ;-)

Gasifier said:
Looks awesome J-man. I hope you and your son enjoy it. Take some pics of your first fishing trip and post them for us. Stay safe, and have fun.

Thanks and We definitely will take some pic's and post them. I'll even post the pic of the first time my son gets to drive his first boat! Slowly of coarse! ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.