My Regency F2400M

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

titan

Minister of Fire
Mar 30, 2007
Nova Scotia
aliant
My main stove;my hearth-for now;my heat;my burn tubes @ work.

Attachments

• p5130004.jpg
    p5130004.jpg
    42.1 KB · Views: 887
  • p5130006 (2).jpg
    p5130006 (2).jpg
    33.2 KB · Views: 920
  • P5130015-1.JPG
    P5130015-1.JPG
    24.9 KB · Views: 863
  • P5130019.JPG
    P5130019.JPG
    18.6 KB · Views: 871
Yeah Corie I remain impressed with the secondary burn;it's almost mesmerizing to watch wood burn without the flames even touching it.Those pics were of softwood slabs;with dry hardwood I usually see those nice bluegreen flames @ the top of the box.

That's a great shot Titan. Those secondaries are beautiful.

Nice set up and beautiful pics!

Thanks guys,when I bought the house 2 years ago there was an xl Dutchwest cast-iron cat-stove on that hearth that had seen at least 100 cords of wood and was never really maintained properly.No shame in that stove;I used it for one winter but the radiant heat from it was just too much in that room.Now with my new double-walled stove you can sit beside it and be comfortable-convective heat is the answer in that room.I thought i was gonna have a stroke when I wheeled that Dutchwest outside;man those puppies r heavy!The guy that bought it from me asked me if it was heavy;when I said hell yeah, he says"hey I'm not weak you know!"then he grabs one corner with two hands and he can't budge it.While I'm tryin' not to laugh in his face, he pays me up front and leaves;when I get home from work the next day the stove is gone.I guess he ate his Wheaties that morning(or his buddies did).

Titan said:
Thanks guys,when I bought the house 2 years ago there was an xl Dutchwest cast-iron cat-stove on that hearth that had seen at least 100 cords of wood and was never really maintained properly.No shame in that stove;I used it for one winter but the radiant heat from it was just too much in that room.Now with my new double-walled stove you can sit beside it and be comfortable-convective heat is the answer in that room.I thought i was gonna have a stroke when I wheeled that Dutchwest outside;man those puppies r heavy!The guy that bought it from me asked me if it was heavy;when I said hell yeah, he says"hey I'm not weak you know!"then he grabs one corner with two hands and he can't budge it.While I'm tryin' not to laugh in his face, he pays me up front and leaves;when I get home from work the next day the stove is gone.I guess he ate his Wheaties that morning(or his buddies did).

Yeah, those XL's are heavy. My dad and I damn near popped every blood vessel in our foreheads muscling one into a cargo van. Good grief. Neither one of us is what I would call, burly though.

Status
Not open for further replies.