My Sooteater broke.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

HJsimpson

Burning Hunk
Apr 17, 2011
NE Indiana
Well today seemed like a good day to check the chimney so i got everything ready and was about half way done when it started shacking real bad.
I pulled it back out and this is what i found. I have used it about 5 or 6 times and the last time i noticed it appeared to be getting soft at the end.
Anyone else have this happen? Need to check and see if there is any warranty on this.

Attachments

• 2012-02-24_16-23-17_221.jpg
    2012-02-24_16-23-17_221.jpg
    17.3 KB · Views: 255
  • 2012-02-24_16-24-22_723.jpg
    2012-02-24_16-24-22_723.jpg
    28.7 KB · Views: 264
I bet they will make it right.

I think someone else did have this problem.

I really like using it and will continue to use with the other rods. I need to order a second set anyway since i cant do the complete chimney from the ground. It just surprised me since im not doing any extreme angles with it.

I ordered 2 sets. I needed the extra rods also.
I wonder if they sell just the head.

I managed to snap a rod once, but I understand why it happened, and it was totally my fault, so I just sucked it up and forgot about it. No problems since then. Rick

I always keep it in the basement so its warm before i use it. I dont believe i did anything wrong but like i said i would buy again and i really dont need that rod.

mecreature
They do sell just the whip head on ebay for $10 to $15.

I broke a rod on my first use with the sooteater. ..but I did have the drill at Max speed..found out later to run about half speed...also the reason it broke..I ran it thru the chimney out the top..so it was spinning at Max speed in the open air..lots of torque...called sooteater..they sent me a new rod..no questions asked.

Status
Not open for further replies.