My take on the BIG HEAT Pellets ...

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DobieMom

Nov 28, 2010
Eastern Shore of MD
I can only say good things about the 1/2 bag of these pellets I've burned so far. I'd say they are MUCH better than a shoulder pellet. I can't hold my hand 6" in front of the heat exchanger for more than 30 seconds!! They DO burn hot! Ash so far...hard to say for sure cuz I didn't empty the ash pan but doesn't seem to be too bad! No clinkers! No fines sticking to the sides of the bags...none seen at all so far! If you find them grab a few bags to try. Sadly, I doubt we'll see them here again but I'll report in to my TSC source ;)

I can only say good things about the 1/2 bag of these pellets I've burned so far. I'd say they are MUCH better than a shoulder pellet. I can't hold my hand 6" in front of the heat exchanger for more than 30 seconds!! They DO burn hot! Ash so far...hard to say for sure cuz I didn't empty the ash pan but doesn't seem to be too bad! No clinkers! No fines sticking to the sides of the bags...none seen at all so far! If you find them grab a few bags to try. Sadly, I doubt we'll see them here again but I'll report in to my TSC source ;)
The TSC near where I work in South Jersey had lots so I got a couple of bags to try. They do burn hot. I think I'll go get a couple of tons and then I'll be set for next year.

Reactions: DobieMom
Is that what they are called " Big Heat"??

Yes, that's what they are called. Here's a link to the site so you can see a pic of the bag :) After fishing one bag there are no 'fines' to speak of but I did have about 1/2 - 3/4 cup of 'particles' at the bottom of the bag. These bags also came from the bottom of a pallet. On bag 2 and I DO love the heat from these babies ;) TS had 1 unopened pallet left Saturday but I"m not ready to store a ton yet :(

http://www.bigheatfuelpellets.com/

Status
Not open for further replies.