My vernon door and hopper lidicon flashing

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

STPlymouth

Feb 10, 2022
Plymouth
My Mt. Vernon ae has the door and hopper lid open icon flashing. I have replaced one of the magnetic switches but it didn’t change anything. My best guess is that something has happened with the control board but wanted to know if it could be a thermostat control issue? My thermostats lcd screen has not been functional (only can read the screen with a flashlight shining on it) for a while so my fingers are crossed that it could be that.

Try taking the thermostat wires off, at the stove, cutting some of it off and re-attach them. Make sure to follow the color coding. Also check connections in wall control. If this doesn't help, may be time for a new wall control. kap

Try taking the thermostat wires off, at the stove, cutting some of it off and re-attach them. Make sure to follow the color coding. Also check connections in wall control. If this doesn't help, may be time for a new wall control. kap
Just to give an update for future searches. I replaced the thermostat after trying trimming the thermostat wire stripping the ends and reattaching did not fix the issue. Unfortunately the new thermostat did not end up fixing the issue so I replaced the control board and I am up and running now. I also replaced my igniter wire with the version with the inline fuses because the old board did have signs of heating up.

Reactions: Mt Bob
Just to give an update for future searches. I replaced the thermostat after trying trimming the thermostat wire stripping the ends and reattaching did not fix the issue. Unfortunately the new thermostat did not end up fixing the issue so I replaced the control board and I am up and running now. I also replaced my igniter wire with the version with the inline fuses because the old board did have signs of heating up.
Good job. Stay warm.

Was hoping it would be the lesser of the two evils. kap