My Wood-Hauling Train

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

quads

Minister of Fire
Nov 19, 2005
Central Sands, Wisconsin
Unfortunately today my train wasn't able to bring any wood up to the yard. The snow is deep enough that I barely made it back from the woods empty. It is supposed to get down to -10°F tonight so wherever I went on the trail today the snow should be firmed up by tomorrow. I did manage to cut and split some. Today was the first day for an experiment with the little kiddie sled. I used that to haul splits from the trees I cut out to the trail where the hauler was parked. I could get 6 or 8 on there and it seems more efficient than carrying and tossing splits. Maybe tomorrow I will be able to haul some up to the yard.
IMG_0510%20(1024x768).jpg

is that the new saw on the front of the quad??

Yes, that's the new one!

Thanks! It gets the job done.

Status
Not open for further replies.